Monday, September 28, 2009

Georgia Flooding

I was barely able to make it to school today because of all the mudslides covering some of the roads. It’s absolutely incredible how much damage happened in what seemed like one night. Schools are opening again today but nobody is really here. Everyone is forced to use back roads that are filled to the brim with cars trying to get which way. I am so thankful and happy that my house did not get flood water all over it. We only got some water in our basement but not much. I’m also really happy to see that the government didn’t just abandon yet another state like with the Katrina incident. Joe Biden coming made a lot of people feel better about being able to get help with their destroyed homes. It’s kind of funny in a sad way how no one ever thinks to buy flood insurance yet it’s needed by thousands of home owners. Estimated repairs are going to be some saying over 500,000 million dollars and over 20,000 properties have been destroyed. Well this is my very first post so I will have more up as soon as possible I plan on getting in to more news and gossip and my opinions about some of them. I really hope to get a lot of readers and get a great blog started thanks again to any and all of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment